Okay, so Jamba Juice is one of my FAVORITE places to go on my breaks. It’s right by my work, and they have lots of really nutritious things that keep me full and give me energy! All my information can be found at www.jambajuice.com, so go check it out for more info!
Here are the good smoothies to order and how to make them as healthy as possible!
Okay so a lot of people don’t know this, but for every “Classic Smoothie” on the menu, you can get a “Make It Light" version that has 1/3 or the calories and sugar content of the regular. My FAVORITE Classic Smoothies to order are the following:
- Strawberry Surf Rider
- Peach Pleasure
With these smoothies I like to get the soy protein boost. It adds only 30 calories and packs the smoothie with protein. I will also typically get an “Original” size because it fills me for awhile but it’s not too big.
Whenever I feel like I don’t have enough vegetables in, I will go ahead and get the Apples’n’Greens smoothie, which is 1 of 3 veggie smoothies on the menu. The other two, to me, do not taste good, but I really like this green one which has green veggie juice blend as well as bananas, peaches, and mango. It’s also gluten and dairy free!
The all fruit smoothies, while higher in calories than the classic smoothies, are actually better for you because there is no added sugar or dairy, it’s just nothing but the fruit. The best tasting ones in my opinion are:
- Mega Mango
- Strawberry Whirl
These smoothies are also a great vegan option for you guys. :)
These smoothies contain a boost called Balance, which contains 14 vitamins & minerals, protein, and fiber. My favorite option is the Peach Mango, which also contains a Lean Advantage boost! The smoothie contains nothing except the boosts, peaches, mangos, and soy milk! YUM!
Alright onto the food! Jamba also has some really healthy food options for you to choose from! My favorites are:
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Blackberry Oatmeal
- Chicken Bistro Panini
- Chunky Strawberry Topper
- Berry Topper
- Spinach Breakfast Wrap
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Wrap
The nice thing about the wraps and sandwiches, is you can make a meal and pair them with the Small 16 oz. smoothie, and you honestly have a meal that’s going to keep you full, like….. Forever. Once I ate a breakfast wrap and a 16 oz. Apples’n’Greens at about 8AM and I wasn’t even hungry again until about 8PM. Nurtition, BAM!
Anyways, now onto the bad:
THINGS TO AVOID AT JAMBA JUICE:
- Creamy Treats such as the Peanut Butter Moo’d pack close to 800 calories just for an Original size.
- Muffins and pastries: They have way healthier food options that getting a muffin at Jamba Juice just seems kind of counterproductive.
- Whirl-Ins: Frozen Yogurt is totally delicious and isn’t really THAT bad for you, however, when you have veggie options, Make It Light options, and All Fruit options on the menu, you can eat more smoothie and have less calories and sugar than you would when eating the yogurts.
- The little snacks in the front. Don’t waste your money on Pop Chips and Granola bars. If you want granola, add it for 50 cents on top of your smoothie!
I hope this helps you all in making healthy decisions next time you go to Jamba Juice!